Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Check your progress


Page 53

1. a.

1. My teacher caught me sleeping in class and I had to stay behind after class.
2. It's a really big secret, OK? You mustn't tell anyone.
3. I can't come to your party. Mum says I'm not allowed to.
4. Do you have to wear a uniform to school?
5. I'm not completely stupid, you know. You don't have to explain everything to me!

b.
The radio was invented at the beginning of the 20th century. In the First World War, radios were used to communicate with soldiers. Since the 1960 s, many radio signals have been sent outer space. So far, no answers have been received  that the signals have arrived on other planets, but the messages haven't been understood.

c.
The planet Mars will be explored during the next few years. Special robot vehicles will be sent to investigate the planet's surface. It is possible that rocks and dust from Mars will be brought back to Earth when the vehicles return. These rocks will be examined to find out if it is possible to live on Mars. The questions about the Red Planet won't be answered for a very long time.

d.
1. Someone repaired my bike for me last week. I had my bike repaired last week.
2. Someone cuts Mr Hart's hair every month. My Hart has his hair cut every month.
3. Someone has repaired my laptop. I have had my laptop repaired.
4. Someone is going to install cable TV for us tomorrow. We're going to have cable TV installed tomorrow.

2. a.

1. I'm not just hungry, I'm starving.
2. It's not small, it's tiny.
3. Cold? I'm absolutely freezing.
4. It was more that interesting -it was fascinating.
5. That's funny. Actually, it's hilarious.
6. Are you tired too? I'm absolutely exhausted.

b.
1. It makes sense to go to bed early the night before an exam.
2. Yesterday I made a big effort and got up early!
3. You failed the exam? Don't worry, I'm sure you did your best.
4. He wants to make a lot of money.
5. Drink this. It'll do you good.
6. It really makes a big difference when you type more slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many developing countries place a lot of importance on tourism

Many developing countries place a significant emphasis on tourism as an important sector for economic growth and development. Tourism can br...