Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Homework


  1. 1
  2. I can't imagine Peter going by bike.
  3. He agreed to buy a new car.
  4. The question is easy to answer .
  5. The man asked me how to get to the airport.
  6. I look forward to seeing you at the weekend.
  7. Are you thinking of visiting London?
  8. We decided to run through the forest.
  9. The teacher expected Sarah to study hard.
  10. She doesn't mind working the night shift.
  11. I learned to ride the bike at the age of 5.
2
  1. We decided to buy a new car.
  2. They've got some work to do .
  3. Peter gave up smoking .
  4. He'd like to fly an aeroplane.
  5. I enjoy writing picture postcards.
  6. Do you know what to do if there's a fire in the shop?
  7. Avoid making silly mistakes.
  8. My parents wanted me to be home at 11 o'clock.
  9. I dream about building a big house.
  10. I'm hoping to see Lisa.
3
  1. Dancing is great fun. → Gerund is subject
  2. She hates going out at night. → Gerund is object
  3. Cooking is my hobby. → Gerund is subject
  4. Smoking is bad for your health. → Gerund is subject
  5. Do you enjoy swimming? → Gerund is object
  6. Geocaching can be dangerous. → Gerund is subject
  7. Doing homework is boring. → Gerund is subject
  8. My favourite activity is using my smartphone. → Gerund is complement
  9. Why don't you like writing essays? → Gerund is object
  10. What he really likes is going by bike. → Gerund is complement

4
agreedagree
hopedhope
signedsign
pointspoint
changingchange
surfssurf
leftleave
pressespress
presentingpresent
givengive


No comments:

Post a Comment

Many developing countries place a lot of importance on tourism

Many developing countries place a significant emphasis on tourism as an important sector for economic growth and development. Tourism can br...