Sunday, May 19, 2019

Check your progress

Ex. 1.a.
  1. I don’t usually like romantic films. I enjoyed Definitely Maybe.
In spite of my not usually liking romantic films, I enjoyed Definitely Maybe
  1. He’s not very tall. He plays basketball really well.
Despite he’s not very tall, he plays basketball really well.
  1. I look like my mother. My brother looks like my father.
I look like my mother  however, my brother looks like my father.
  1. I continued working. I was really tired.
I continued working even though, I was really tired.
5. I though the exam was difficult. I think I passed
Although the exam was difficult, I think I passed.


1.b.

  1. She won the competition. She must be a good singer.
  2. I saw them ten minutes ago, so they can’t have gone far.
  3. They’re speaking Spanish, so they might be from Argentina.
  4. I rang her but she didn’t answer. She might have gone to bed early.
  5. You’ve just eaten. You can’t be hungry already!

1.c.
  1. These cats can’t have eaten for days. Look how hungry they are.
  2. I can’t believe it. I might drop my phone somewhere. I can’t find it anywhere.
3.They’re late. They must get lost somewhere.
  1. You’ve finished your project? But yesterday you hadn’t even started you must have stayed up all night.
2.a.
  1. Maybe you should think- b) …it over and let me know tomorrow.
  2. Hey, listen. I’ve come- e) …it over, I’m here to listen.
  3. If you ever want to talk- c) …on it, and tell me how you feel in the morning.
  4. A problem has come- a) …up. I can’t meet you later.
  5. Here’s an idea. Sleep- d) …up with a great idea for a new song!
2.b.
  1. The police are trying to tie it in with the other burglaries in the area recently.
  2. I started out as a paper girl, and now I’m a journalist for the same newspaper.
  3. All your hard work on my dress has really paid off. It looks fantastic.
  4. Let’s just call off the barbecue until the weather gets better.
  5. Yesterday I came across an old photo of my mum when she was a teenager. She was so pretty!
  6. The fire is went out. Let’s put some more wood on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many developing countries place a lot of importance on tourism

Many developing countries place a significant emphasis on tourism as an important sector for economic growth and development. Tourism can br...