Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Check progress

1.a.
1. Today is the longest day of the year.
2. For me, Geography is more difficult than Maths. It’s difficult for me to remember facts about countries.
3. History is the easiest subject at school.
4. I feel dreadful! This is the worst day of my life!
5. I don’t argue with Joe, because he’s bigger than me.
6. Sally is better than me at Art.
7. I think my results will be worse this year then last year.
8. If you want to be fit, a healthy diet and lots of exercise are the most important things.

b.
1. At 10.00 she’s having a driving lesson.
2. At 3.00 she is meeting Gerard in café.
3. At 6.00 she and Sue are going to the cinema.
4. At 12.30 she and Wendy are having lunch.
5. At 5.00 she is  doing homework.
6. At 7.30 her cousins are  arriving from Canada!

2. a.
1.When I speak English, I sometimes make mistakes in grammar, but I can still imitate with English speakers.
2. Excuse me, what does this word mean?
3. I want my pronunciation to be better, so I listen to cassettes and imitate the speakers.
4. For homework, our teacher sometimes gives us texts in English and we have to translate them into our language.
5. My father speaks good English, but he has a very strong accent.
6. When I don’t know a word, I try to guess the meaning. If I can’t do that, I look up the word in my dictionary.

b.
in/on water                                                  not in/on water
swimming                                                     camping
windsurfing                                                  climbing
snorkeling                                                     horse reading
canoeing                                                        sightseeing
surfing                                                           sunbathing


No comments:

Post a Comment

Many developing countries place a lot of importance on tourism

Many developing countries place a significant emphasis on tourism as an important sector for economic growth and development. Tourism can br...