Friday, October 27, 2017

Check your progress

1.
a. A: you weren’t at school yesterday afternoon. Where were you?
B: I was at home. There was a football match on television.
A: Was it a good match?
B: No, it wasn’t! All the players were awful!

b.
1. In 1950, there were 199.854 people at the World Cup Final between Brazil and Uruguay in Rio de Janerio. They saw a great match-but Brazil didn’t win.
2. The Swedish athlete Oskar Gomar Swann became famous when he won a silver medal in shooting at the Olympic Games in Antwerp in 1920. He was 72 years old.
3. At the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles, Carl Lewis won four gold medals.
4. In the first round of the long jump, Lewis jumped 8.54 metres. After that, he stoped. ‘Nobody can beat me,’ he said.
5. I went to the cinema last night, but I didn’t enjoy the film very much.
6. A: What was James said to you yesterday?
B: He didn’t say anything!
7. A: Did you saw Alice last night?
B: No, I didn’t see Alice, but I saw Jenny.
8. A: Where do you went last summer?
B: We went to New York. But we don’t go up the Empire State Building.

2.
a. 1. Let’s go out tonight, I don’t want to stay at home.
2. Leo, look at all your books on the floor! Pick them up, please.
3. This bag is very heavy. I’m going to put it on for a minute.
4. It’s cold today. You should put down a warm coat.
5. It’s hot in here. I’m going to take my jumper off.


b.
1. snowboarding
2.basketball
3. cycling
4.swimming
p
5. skiing
6. hockey
7. surfing
Word-olympics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many developing countries place a lot of importance on tourism

Many developing countries place a significant emphasis on tourism as an important sector for economic growth and development. Tourism can br...