Monday, March 9, 2020

Jack and parrot

1. Read the text, translate the last passage into English:
Jack was a young sailor. He lived in England, but he was often away with his ship.
One summer he came back from a long voyage and found new neighbours near his mother’s house. They had a pretty daughter, and Jack soon loved her very much.
He said to her, ‘My next voyage will begin in a few days’ time, Gloria. I love you, and I’ll marry you when I come back. I’ll think about you all the time, and I’ll write to you and send you a present from every port.’
Առաջին նավահանգիստը, որտեղ Ջաքը կանգ առավ, Ֆրիթաունն էր: Նա այնտեղից Գլորիային թութակ ուղարկեց: Այդ թութակը խոսում էր հինգ լեզվով:
Երբ Ջաքի նավը հասավ Ավստրալիա, նա նամակ ստացավ Գլորիայից: Նամակում գրված էր. «Շնորհակալություն թութակի համար, Ջա՛ք: Այն ավելի համեղ էր քան ճուտը»:
Jack’s first port was Freetown in Africa. He sent Gloria a parrot from there. This parrot speak in five languages.
When Jack’s ship reached Australia, he received a letter from Gloria. The letter was written, ‘Thank you for the parrot, Jack. It tasted much better than a chicken.’
Task 2. Use the verbs in the brackets in the correct tense form:
1. I never come across such a big snake in my life. What about you?
2. We looked for her ring for two hours when we found it in the bathroom.
3. Hi, I am Matt Rotell, a friend of Alice’s.
4.While climbing onto the mountain top, I am met a strange animal which I'd never seen before
5. If I find a good job, I'll move to Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many developing countries place a lot of importance on tourism

Many developing countries place a significant emphasis on tourism as an important sector for economic growth and development. Tourism can br...